The Canadian Imagination

What it means to be Canadian; examining and reworking Canada as a nation.

Friday, July 02, 2004

I am Canadian - part deux

Hey,
I am not a Starfleet commander, or T.J. Hooker.
I don't live on Starship NCC-1701 or own a phaser.
I don't know anyone named Bones, Sulu or Spock.
And no, I've never had green alien sex,
Although I'm sure it would be quite an evening.

I speak English and French, not Klingon.
I drink Labatt's, not Romulan ale.
And when someone says to me, "Live long and prosper",
I seriously mean it when I say, "Get a life!"

My doctor's name is not McCoy, it's Ginsberg.
And Tribbles were puppets! Not real animals! Puppets!
And when I speak, I never, ever, talk / like / every / word / is / its / own / sentence ...

I live in California, but I was raised in Montreal.
I believe in Priceline.com, where you never have to pay full price for airline tickets, hotels and car rentals.
I have appeared on stage at Stratford, Carnegie Hall Albert Hall and at the Monkland Theatre in NDG [Notre Dame de Grace].
And yes, I have gone where no man has gone before.
But I was in Mexico and her father gave me permission.

My name is William Shatner,
And I am Canadian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home