The Canadian Imagination

What it means to be Canadian; examining and reworking Canada as a nation.

Friday, July 09, 2004

A moment, in sun and shadow

Shortly after I abandoned the public computer yesterday I found myself emulating a seventh of that old anecdote of Robert the Bruce: as I happened to catch sight of a particularly large spider of the garden variety completing an absolutely beautiful -- and absolutely doomed -- web across the doorway of a shop which had only recently closed for the day.

Storm-wracked the sky, and dark, the underside of the clouds lit with bright flashes of lightning.

Directly across from the public access computers is the local lightning rod, the one building which could be named skyscraper. Under a storm sky, its mirrored walls on my side reflected the absolute, aching blue sun sky light to the south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home